The ISPRS/CIPA Workshop on Underwater 3D Recording & Modeling, being held in Piano di Sorrento (Naples, Italy) aims to bring together scientists, developers, companies and users in underwater 3D recording and related disciplines. The workshop will represent a meeting platform for various disciplines like Cultural Heritage, environmental monitoring, 3D surveying and modeling, biology, reverse engineering and industrial metrology.
Water covers about 71% of our planet’s surface and since remote time human activities have been relying to it. Many traces of these activities exist under the “zero level” therefore they need to be explored, documented and preserved. Measuring, mapping and positioning objects in underwater scenarios is a complex task with some unsolved problems.
The event will feature 2-days of oral presentations and posters with an exhibition of underwater-related companies.
The key topics of the event include but are not limited to:
– underwater photogrammetry
– underwater platforms (ROV, robots, etc.)
– 3D bathymetry
– active and passive sensor integration and characterization
– data processing and 3D modeling
– underwater archaeology and heritage
– marine biology
The event will feature three invited speakers:
– Pierre Drap (http://www.lsis.org/cipa-uwp/)
– Mark Shortis (http://www.rmit.edu.au/staff/mark-shortis)
– Guido Gay (http://www.gaymarine.it/gaymarine.htm)
– JANUARY 15th, 2015: Abstract submission (max 1000 words, possibly with figures)
– JANUARY 30th, 2015: Notification to authors
– MARCH 15th, 2015: Final paper submission (ISPRS format, max 8 pages)
The submitted articles will be published in the ISPRS Archives of Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences (http://www.isprs.org/publications/archives.aspx).
– EARLY (before January 30th, 2015): 180 Eur
– LATE (before April 9th, 2015): 210 Eur
– ON-SITE: 250 Eur
The fee includes participation to the event, proceedings, coffee breaks, lunches and the social dinner
The ISPRS / CIPA workshop will take place in Villa Fondi De Sangro, an historical villa in Piano di Sorrento (Naples, Italy).
For more info: http://3dom.fbk.eu/files/underwater/index.html