Venue: Thessaloniki, Greece
Continuing the successful mission of previous MTSR Conferences (MTSR’05, MTSR’07, MTSR’09, MTSR’10, MTSR’11 and MTSR’12), the seventh International Conference on Metadata and Semantics Research (MTSR’13) aims to bring together scholars and practitioners that share a common interest in the interdisciplinary field of metadata, linked data and ontologies. Participants will share novel knowledge and best practice in the implementation of these semantic technologies across diverse types of Information Environments and applications. These include Cultural Informatics; Open Access Repositories & Digital Libraries; E-learning applications; Search Engine Optimization & Information Retrieval; Research Information Systems and Infrastructures; e-Science and e-Social Science applications; Agriculture, Food and Environment; Bio-Health & Medical Information Systems.
The conference welcomes the organization of special tracks focusing on particular domains or topics. Proposals for special tracks are welcome. Papers submitted to tracks undergo the same review procedures and are published in the same proceedings as those accepted for the main track. Tracks currently being organized:
- Metadata & Semantics for Open Access Repositories, Research Information Systems and Infrastructures
- Metadata & Semantics for Cultural Collections & Applications
- Metadata & Semantics for Agriculture, Food & Environment
- Metadata & Semantics for Learning Infrastructures
- Metadata, Semantics and Ontologies for Health Information Systems and Digital Libraries