Call for papers for the 12th European Architectural Envisioning Association Conference to be hosted by Lodz University of Technology (TUL) in Poland in September 2015.
The main topics of the 12th EAEA Conference are: Image, Perception and Communication of Heritage.
The EAEA12 Conference invites submissions of research papers which will be organised in three tracks, namely:
1. THE IMAGE OF (INDUSTRIAL) HERITAGE. In the light of the campaign for announcing 2015 the European Industrial and Technical Heritage Year, and taking into consideration that the host city was one of the most important industrial centres of the 19th-century industrialisation in Europe, the conference will aim at exploring the role of industrial buildings and structures for the image of urban areas. Another related issue is the change or preservation of industrial buildings image in the re-use process. The papers discussing positive and negative connotations related to industrial heritage – such as “dark satanic mills” – are also welcome.
2. PERCEPTION OF THE PAST. This track covers problems related to the changing meaning of heritage, including contextual, holistic and phenomenological approaches plus historic urban landscape protection. The envisioning of sensorial aspects; visible and invisible elements of a built environment; genius loci; social context; heritage interpretation as well as other associated topics should be discussed in the papers proposed for this theme.
3. COMMUNIACTION OF HERITAGE. This track is dedicated to different approaches to envisioning reflecting the specifics and requirements of research, design and education in the heritage domain. This may include issues such as visual impact analysis of new investments in heritage areas; heritage management; imaging as a tool and method in heritage studies for comparative analyses, proportion studies, development phases, state of preservation, etc. The question how to communicate the heritage issues to a society – including professionals and lay persons – would be also welcome.
Subjects may be, but not limited to:
• Visualisation of the heritage-related knowledge;
• Support for the analysis and design processes in the course of the heritage renewal;
• Methods of communicating the heritage issues to the society;
• Enhancing and stimulating heritage education;
• Envisioning all aspects of heritage perception.
We are looking forward to extended abstracts of 1000-1200 words in English. Only original papers – not published (or submitted for publishing / in press) before – will be accepted.
The deadline for abstracts submission is 10 November 2014.
For more info see: http://www.eaea12-2015.p.lodz.pl/