Progress in Cultural Heritage e-Documentation, Preservation and ProtectionIn cooperation with:
A) European Commission, the Europa Nostra, the EU Member States Expert Group on Digitalisation and e-Preservation in Cultural Heritage, ICOMOS (www.icomos.org), ISPRS (http://www.isprs.org ), CIPA (http://cipa.icomos.org/ ), The EU Digital Library Europeana (www.europeana.eu)
B) the EU Projects:
DARIAH-EU (www.dariah-eu) Research Infrastructure on e-Humanities and Art, Marie-Curie Initial Training Network on Digital Heritage ITN-DCH (www.itn-dch.eu), LoCloud (www.locloud.eu), 4D-CH-World (www.4d-ch-world.eu), I-Treasures (www.i-treasures.eu), Europeana-Space (http://www.europeana-space.eu/), EU Performa (http://www.preforma-project.eu/), the COST Action Innovation in Intelligent Management of Heritage Buildings and others more…
Panel Discussion on Looting and Destruction of CH with prominent professionals
Workshops – Open to all participants:
1) Intangible Heritage Documentation,
2) 3D Standardization in CH, Vitual Reality in CH
CALL FOR PAPERS
Oct. 31st – Nov. 5th, 2016; Cyprus
NEW Paper submission deadline: 13th of June, 2016 (24:00 London-UK time)
The 6th biannual European-Mediterranean (EUROMED) conference brings together researchers, policy makers, professionals, fellows and practitioners to explore some of the more pressing issues concerning Cultural Heritage today. In particular, the main goal of the conference is to focus on interdisciplinary and multi-disciplinary research on tangible and intangible Cultural Heritage, using cutting edge technologies for the protection, restoration, preservation, massive digitalization, documentation and presentation of the Cultural Heritage contents. At the same time, the event is intended to cover topics of research ready for exploitation, demonstrating the acceptability of new sustainable approaches and new technologies by the user community, owners, managers and conservators of our cultural patrimony.Topics and themes:
Researchers and practitioners willing to participate to the EUROMED 2016 conference are invited to submit papers on original works addressing the following subjects and research themes:
i) DIGITAL HERITAGE DOCUMENTATION and PRESERVATION
ii) PROTECTION, RESTORATION AND PRESERVATION OF TANGIBLE AND INTANGIBLE CULTURAL HERITAGE
More detail information regarding the themes can be found at: http://www.euromed2016.eu/index.php/call-participation
Submission of Papers:
Submissions for the event are completely electronic through the on-line submission website available at http://www.euromed2016.eu/index.php/paper-submission
The conference accepts only original, unpublished work written in English which will be blind-reviewed and published on SPRINGER-NATURE LNCS.We are soliciting three types of contributions:
- Full research papers: they present new innovative research developments and results. They will feature a full-length oral presentation and will be published in a high-quality proceedings volume. Each submitted paper must not exceed 12 pages in total.
- Project papers: they focus on the description of project organization, use of technology and lessons learned. They will feature a short oral presentation and will be published in a high-quality proceedings volume. Each submitted paper must not exceed 10 pages in total.
- Short papers: they present preliminary ideas and works-in-progress. These papers will have a short oral presentation and will be also available also as posters in conference breaks. Each short paper must not exceed 8 pages in total.
The 20 best submitted papers will be published on a special issue of the International Journal Heritage in the Digital Era published by the SAGE the 5th largest journal publisher in the world.
Important Date for Paper submission: 13th of June, 2016 (24:00 London-UK time)